• GCSE courses span 2 years and at the end of each year, students sit for exam. The passing grades, from highest to lowest are: A*, A, B, C, D, E, F and G.
• GCSE is a part of the National Qualifications Framework. A GCSE with grades lying between A*-C is a level 2 qualification while with grades between D-G qualify for level 1.
• Failing students are awarded U grade and due to non-completion of certain components of the course, a student can be awarded X grade as well.
Among the numerous subjects offered in GCSE, the Basic compulsory core subjects are:
• Science (students can study Science in many different ways)
In a number of subjects, two different tiers of education are available:
• Higher, where students can achieve grades A*-D
• Foundation, where they can achieve grades C-G
In case of any failure to obtain a G grade (at Foundation level) or D grade (at higher level), a student is awarded a U grade or an E grade respectively. In non-tiered subjects, such as History, attainment of grades is solely decided by the examination paper. Any coursework component also allows candidates to achieve any grade.
GCSE Mathematics was changed from a 3-tier system (2006) – Foundation (grades D-G), Intermediate (grades B-E) and Higher (grades A*-C) – to the standard 2-tier system – Foundation (grades C-G) and Higher (grades A*-D).
Five or more A*-C grades (inclusive of English & Mathematics) is often a necessity for taking A-levels in the school sixth form, at a sixth form college or at a college pursuing higher education (after secondary school). Choice of subject at A level is affected by courses taken at secondary school and are largely determined by them. More often than not, a C grade is a must. Most universities typically require a C or better in English and Mathematics, irrespective of student’s performance at A-level or Foundation Degree course (after leaving school). In a case of failure to obtain C in Mathematics & English, a student may have to retake the GCSE examination
Our service has proved its expertise in fields of Maths, Science and English disciplines. Our students are outperforming in GCSEs. We are completely aware of all the essential ingredients for a successful result in GCSE Maths and have the expert and experienced faculty to look after it. We offer customized online tutoring packages one on one for fast track preparation and exhaustive preparation.